Monday 24 September 2012

Germany vs Northern Ireland- A Song

So, Berlin.  Many many stories.  Met a lot of new people in a short amount of time, didn't sleep much- kind of my usual for Berlin.

In the meantime, I'm going to share a story which is both embarrassing and amazing.  Now, many other girls wouldn't share this tale, but I have decided the overall product needs to be shared and experienced by everyone.

So let me paint the picture.  Saturday night in Berlin, hanging out with a gang of lovely people.  The plan is, we're going to go to a short film festival, which one of my friends in Berlin has been involved in.  We turn up to the movie theatre, watch the films, then decide after to go to a party in a nearby collective co-operative space.  Its going to be an all night kind of a thing, so as my gang slowly drop off, my friend Francis distinctly says to me-

"Cat, now listen.  You are our only link to the Flea market, and so we need you to meet us again at 10.30am tomorrow morning."
"Yeah man, no problem, I will see you guys there.  Later!!"



Fast forward to the next morning, and I am hanging out at my friend Freddy's house.  I am late. Shit!  My battery is dead, so I use Freddy's phone to text Francis to explain the situation.  Next thing I know, Freddy is laughing a lot and apologising...

Freddy (laughing)- Yeah sorry Cat, I shouldn't have read that...
Me- Huh?  No its cool.
Freddy- No Cat.  Look again, I shouldn't have read THAT.

As I look at the message screen, up pops the message

 "Are you coming to the Flea Market, or are you still shagging?"  

Oh my sweet Jesus.  Despite feeling totally embarrassed, I'm laughing my head off.  We decide to reply and try to play them at their own game.

"Yeah, still shagging. But I won't join Cat to the flea market- it was the bomb, but also exhausting. Have fun."

Francis- "Good man yourself!"

We sent one more Northern Irishism (its coming up) before laughing once more at how funny this exchange of text messages were.  Next thing I know, Freddy has recorded a song (complete with me laughing in the background.)

This is that song.  


No comments:

Post a Comment